Recipe from Sisi Jemimah
Not sure what I ever did to the Jollof people but hmm I’ve never been able to (at least before today) successfully make Jollof rice with the right balance of colour, texture and flavour. I’ve scoured several recipes without acing it, but today 💃💃💃💃💃
Kisses to Sisi Jemimah for this winning recipe!!
- For the pepper mix (blended red bell peppers, tomatoes, scotch bonnet and onion), I used some I already had.
- Followed all the other instructions to the letter.
- Cooked on medium heat.
- I kept stirring at 10 minute intervals.
- When it seemed like the liquid had almost dried up completely, I reduced the heat a bit, covered the rice with foil paper and then the pot lid. (I read this once in one of my previous quests for the perfect Jollof rice to do this rather than add water in fear of the rice not been soft enough.)
- Err then I turned off the heat when the rice was as soft as I like.
Timing: To be updated on my next try.
Winning Jollof rice!!!
Only comment – is it just me but I found the taste of the bay leaves quite overpowering.Perhaps I’l reduce the quantity next time or omit? Any suggestions?
Rating ★★★★☆ – just ‘cos of the bay leaves.